Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lampworking & Vintage Treasures



It's been so long since I've posted! I have been busy finding vintage treasures and have tons of things that I need to list on etsy and artfire. I'm doing it as fast as I can - and my daughter is home from UCONN in a few days. Yay!! I've missed her and can't wait to have her home for the summer. (Not to mention she helps me count and catalog beads and findings!)

Well, I decided to take up making lampworking beads and have been at it about 6 months. Yep, it's as hard as it looks! And not an inexpensive hobby to get into, either. Fortunately, I have many online fellow lampworkers who help with tips and techniques.

They're are so many talented lampwork artists on artfire and etsy, some of whom are customers to my shops. The stunning necklace above was made by Rae of Flaming Heart Beads and Jewelry using one of my shop's dragon fly charms - she sure makes it take wing!!! Click here for flamingheart's 921 shop and check out her beautiful beads and jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment